30/5/2005

膽生毛

 
知不知道甚麼叫做膽生毛?寫一封這樣的電郵給我的上司,以回應他對我的無理指責,大概會是最佳例子吧。

都豁出去了。與其啞忍,猜來猜去太無謂又欠效率,不如坦坦白白,一煲過。

我傻,但我至少對得起自己。

=======================


Dear Xxxxx,

For the sake of minimising misunderstandings, it's not my practice of hiding true feelings at work, and I hope you don't mind I speak directly.

I have discussed with Xxyxyx in detail and confirmed that she was not "chasing" for placing the orders of containers but just an normal "enquiry" about the deadline.

I regret that I have given you that "not initiative enough", "relax" and "always follow up things upon requested" feelings but I want to let you know that it's my practice to set the priority of my tasks according to their importance and urgency, and plan my own schedule (when there is not an assigned one) with reference from past information and experience.

Initially I planned to start collecting those information in early July and place the orders at late July or early August. I considered asking the other teams for those service requirements at this moment would be too early, and they won't bear in mind of the deadlines if I announce the deadlines NOW.

Your feelings could be caused by our differences in the schedules in mind and our priorities. Therefore, if you would like me to have those orders placed earlier than my schedule or our office's "usual practice", or the minimum requirement of period of notice, or if you have an expected time frame, I should be grateful if you could kindly advise me of your intended schedule, so that I can adjust mine accordingly.

I hope you won't misunderstand that I'm trying to defend myself. I write only because I'd prefer "communication" rather than "assumption" which may ruin colleagues' working relationships.

Thank you very much for your kind attention and advice.


Irene

====================================

後記@18:30

老闆在走廊碰到我,笑笑口問我有沒有時間談幾句。

他竟然跟我道歉。出乎意料。

他說我說得對,多直接點溝通是好的,而他亦覺得之前他的電郵內有某句說話確實有點過份。

也好,証明一般人認為戇居的事,也不一定是沒效果的。

 

Comments: 發佈留言



<< Home